Global Peace Index 2019 presentation in Washington D.C
Find out about the world’s leading measure of global peacefulness in Washington D.C.
The Human Rights Initiative of the Center for Strategic and International Studies is hosting an event to launch the 2019 Global Peace Index (GPI), and it’s open to the public.
The GPI is the world’s leading measure of global peacefulness, ranking 163 countries and territories according to their level of relative peacefulness. Produced by the Institute for Economics and Peace, the report presents the most comprehensive data-driven analysis to date on trends in peace and its economic value.
A panel discussion considering the implications of closing civic space and inequality for peace will follow, and look at the factors that IEP has found to be necessary preconditions for peace in its Positive Peace Report, many of which rely on an active civil society and limits on inequality.
Please join our presenters and panellists at this event, including:
- Laurie Smolenski, Outreach and Development Officer, the Institute for Economics and Peace
- Stephen Lennon, Senior Policy Adviser to USAID’s Bureau of Democracy Conflict and Humanitarian Affairs (DCHA)
- Shannon Green, Senior Director of Programs at the Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC)
- Jonathan Drimmer, Senior Adviser at Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
- Amy K. Lehr, Director, Human Rights Initiative
To attend the event, please register at the CSIS website.